Ranjit Sinha is the next CBI Director
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Ranjit Sinha was on Thursday appointed as the next Director of Central Bureau of Investigation for a two-year term.
Sinha, a 1974 batch officer of Bihar cadre, is presently Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) force. He also headed the Railway Protection Force and served at senior positions in the CBI in Patna and Delhi.
An official order put out this evening said Sinha has been appointed as CBI Director for a "period of two years from the date of assumption of office." He will take over charge from present CBI Director A P Singh who is retiring on November 30.
Sinha, having an illustrious carrer spanning over 37-years, has served in CBI as DIG in Patna and Joint Director (Anti corruption) and Joint Director (administration) at its headquarters here.
An MPhil from Indian Institute of Public Administration here, Sinha is an avid reader and writer and regular contributor on police-related issued in various journals and magazines.
A recipient of Police Medal for Meritorious Service and the President?s Police Medal for Distinguished Service, Sinha has served as SSP at Ranchi, Madhubani and Saharsa districts and also as DIG of naxal-affected Magadh Range in Bihar.
He has also served in CRPF as IG (Operations) in Srinagar and IG (Personnel) in Delhi.
Sinha`s name was cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from a panel of three IPS officers shortlisted for selecting the next head of the country`s premier investigating agency.
A Central Vigilance Commissioner-headed selection committee had shortlisted three senior IPS officials including Sinha, Director General of National Investigation Agency S C Sinha (Haryana:1975), and UP DG (Home Guards) Atul (UP:1976) for consideration for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow