Ranjit Sinha takes over as new CBI chief
New Delhi: Indian Police Service officer Ranjit Sinha Monday took charge as the 25th director of the country`s premier investigating agency - the CBI, officials said.
Sinha`s appointment has been marred by a controversy with the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party questioning the manner in which the 1974 batch IPS officer was appointed by the Congress-led government.
Sinha succeeds Amar Pratap Singh who stepped down as director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Nov 30 after completing his two-year tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends