Ranjit Sinha takes over as new CBI chief
New Delhi: Indian Police Service officer Ranjit Sinha Monday took charge as the 25th director of the country`s premier investigating agency - the CBI, officials said.
Sinha`s appointment has been marred by a controversy with the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party questioning the manner in which the 1974 batch IPS officer was appointed by the Congress-led government.
Sinha succeeds Amar Pratap Singh who stepped down as director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Nov 30 after completing his two-year tenure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged