Rao discusses Indo-US ties with top US lawmaker
Washington: Ahead of the India-US Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi later this summer, Indian Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao has met a key Republican lawmaker, who drives the party`s foreign policy in the House of Representatives.
In her meeting with Ed Royce, the Chairman of the powerful House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rao discussed current developments in India-US relations.
They expressed optimism at the ever deepening engagement between the two countries across a wide spectrum, including in areas such as economy, education and energy, bringing direct benefits to millions in both countries, an embassy statement said.
"They also exchanged views on the emerging developments in South Asia, and agreed to remain closely engaged on issues of common interest and concern," said the statement.
Royce, the former Co-Chair of the Congressional India Caucus, has been a strong support for India-US partnership.
On Thursday, Rao also met Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Robert Blake, at the State Department. The meeting was in preparation of the upcoming strategic dialogue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed