Rao discusses Indo-US ties with top US lawmaker
Washington: Ahead of the India-US Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi later this summer, Indian Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao has met a key Republican lawmaker, who drives the party`s foreign policy in the House of Representatives.
In her meeting with Ed Royce, the Chairman of the powerful House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rao discussed current developments in India-US relations.
They expressed optimism at the ever deepening engagement between the two countries across a wide spectrum, including in areas such as economy, education and energy, bringing direct benefits to millions in both countries, an embassy statement said.
"They also exchanged views on the emerging developments in South Asia, and agreed to remain closely engaged on issues of common interest and concern," said the statement.
Royce, the former Co-Chair of the Congressional India Caucus, has been a strong support for India-US partnership.
On Thursday, Rao also met Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Robert Blake, at the State Department. The meeting was in preparation of the upcoming strategic dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM