Rao discusses Indo-US ties with top US lawmaker
Washington: Ahead of the India-US Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi later this summer, Indian Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao has met a key Republican lawmaker, who drives the party`s foreign policy in the House of Representatives.
In her meeting with Ed Royce, the Chairman of the powerful House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rao discussed current developments in India-US relations.
They expressed optimism at the ever deepening engagement between the two countries across a wide spectrum, including in areas such as economy, education and energy, bringing direct benefits to millions in both countries, an embassy statement said.
"They also exchanged views on the emerging developments in South Asia, and agreed to remain closely engaged on issues of common interest and concern," said the statement.
Royce, the former Co-Chair of the Congressional India Caucus, has been a strong support for India-US partnership.
On Thursday, Rao also met Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Robert Blake, at the State Department. The meeting was in preparation of the upcoming strategic dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Delhi Metro likely to get green power from solar plant in MP
- 680 central forces companies for Bengal poll fifth phase
- VVIP chopper scam: Arrest Sonia Gandhi if you have guts, Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP
- Militant killed in encounter in J&K's Kupwara
- NASA's Orion for Exploration Mission-1 lifted for pressure testing