Rao discusses Indo-US ties with top US lawmaker
Washington: Ahead of the India-US Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi later this summer, Indian Ambassador to the US Nirupama Rao has met a key Republican lawmaker, who drives the party`s foreign policy in the House of Representatives.
In her meeting with Ed Royce, the Chairman of the powerful House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rao discussed current developments in India-US relations.
They expressed optimism at the ever deepening engagement between the two countries across a wide spectrum, including in areas such as economy, education and energy, bringing direct benefits to millions in both countries, an embassy statement said.
"They also exchanged views on the emerging developments in South Asia, and agreed to remain closely engaged on issues of common interest and concern," said the statement.
Royce, the former Co-Chair of the Congressional India Caucus, has been a strong support for India-US partnership.
On Thursday, Rao also met Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Robert Blake, at the State Department. The meeting was in preparation of the upcoming strategic dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh