Rao threatens of stir on withdrawal of cases
Hyderabad: Expressing solidarity with the fasting Telangana Congress MPs, TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao on Tuesday threatened that "Telangana people" will hit the streets from tomorrow if all cases against students are not withdrawn.
"The MPs are reflecting the mood of Telangana people. They made all efforts during the last one year to get the police cases withdrawn and as a last resort they began the fast. If all the cases are not withdrawn by evening, we will start an agitation that will bring Telangana to a standstill," he said.
He was speaking after meeting the Congress MPs, who launched a fast yesterday demanding that the cases against students during last year`s Telangana agitation be withdrawn.
"Party affiliations doesn`t matter when it comes to highlighting the cause of Telangana," he said. "If the MPs are not cared for, what about common people in Telangana?" he asked.
He also told the Congress MPs to continue their fast until the government accepts their demand for withdrawal of cases.
He also appreciated the MPs for saying that they will quit their posts if the steps are not taken for immediate formation of a separate Telangana state.
Rao said he does not subscribe to the views that the fasting MPs have defied the Congress High command.
"They have been requesting the high command and centre for withdrawal of cases. How can it amount to defying the high command? If the Congress MLAs call on Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is it not party indiscipline?" he asked.
Congress Rajya Sabha member K Kesava Rao said they will not withdraw their fast until all the police cases are withdrawn.
Echoing Rao`s comments, he said all leaders should fight unitedly on issues concerning Telangana.
Congress MP S Satyanarayana suggested that TRS President and the MPs work together. Rao replied in the affirmative to the suggestion.
Several pro-Telangana groups including, Osmania University students and lawyers also expressed solidarity with the fasting MPs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list