Rao was not worshipping or asleep during Babri demolition
Patna: Former Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao was neither worshipping nor asleep at the time of demolition of the Babri mosque in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992, a former IPS official Kishore Kunal said on Friday.
Contrary to the claims of veteran journalist Kuldeep Nayar in his soon-to-be published book `Beyond The Lines`, Kunal, who was the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to the Union Home Ministry on the Ayodhya issue, said, "the factual position is that Rao was neither worshipping nor sleeping at the time of demolition of the Babri Mosque on the fateful day."
He said, "the factual position is Rao was not only awake, but received all calls from the then Union Home Secretary Madhav Godbole who informed him almost every half an hour after 12:30 pm on that day about gradual demolition of the mosque."
Godbole not only gave information to Rao, but also put it on record by making entries in the log book of the Ministry of Home Affairs, he said.
"It is a part of the Ayodhya records and mentioned by Godbole in his published book `An Unfinished Innings," the former IPS officer said.
"It can be confirmed from Godbole who is still alive," he said.
Kunal said "Nayar should not have based his conclusion on the basis of hearsay, but on the statements of the persons concerned or which can be made easily available in the era of Right to Information Act."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers