Rape accused Babulal Nagar suspended from Congress
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress on Monday suspended former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar, who faces charges of rape and assault by a 35-year-old woman.
The decision to suspend the former minister from the party was taken days after Nagar was accused of rape by a woman.
Soon after the allegations of rape, a medical board conducted an examination on Nagar and collected his semen and other samples for forensic tests last week.
Nagar resigned as the minister for dairy, khadi and rural industries following an FIR against him by a woman alleging that he had raped and assaulted her at his official bungalow on September 11 after taking her there on the pretext of giving her a job.
The 53-year-old Nagar, however, has denied the charges, saying that his political rivals were trying to "frame" him ahead of Assembly elections in the state.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list