Rape accused Babulal Nagar suspended from Congress
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress on Monday suspended former Rajasthan minister Babulal Nagar, who faces charges of rape and assault by a 35-year-old woman.
The decision to suspend the former minister from the party was taken days after Nagar was accused of rape by a woman.
Soon after the allegations of rape, a medical board conducted an examination on Nagar and collected his semen and other samples for forensic tests last week.
Nagar resigned as the minister for dairy, khadi and rural industries following an FIR against him by a woman alleging that he had raped and assaulted her at his official bungalow on September 11 after taking her there on the pretext of giving her a job.
The 53-year-old Nagar, however, has denied the charges, saying that his political rivals were trying to "frame" him ahead of Assembly elections in the state.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him