Rape case: Goa police chief assures action against cops
Panaji: Goa police chief B S Bassi today
said the policemen accused in a rape case have been suspended
and strict action will be taken against them.
"We will take strict disciplinary action against them
(police involved in crime) but we do not want to do it in a
haste," Bassi told reporters here.
Specifying the strict disciplinary action, Bassi said
they could be dismissed from the service.
Three Goa policemen have been accused of rape, video
recording the crime and circulating it as an MMS among fellow
To a question on action against three police constables
who allegedly sexually abused a girl in police van, Bassi said
a case is yet to be registered.
"The victim has been identified with the help of the MMS.
However, the accused are yet to be booked on rape charge
because of `certain facts`," the police chief said.
He, however, refused to elaborate on what the `certain
facts` were and added that the accused policemen have already
A head constable and two constables were suspended for
sexually abusing a girl at Calangute. The incident which came
to light in December last year, had happened ten months back.
Goa police spokesman, Atmaram Deshpande, had earlier said
that all the three would be charged for having unnatural sex
with the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof