Rape case: Goa police chief assures action against cops
Panaji: Goa police chief B S Bassi today
said the policemen accused in a rape case have been suspended
and strict action will be taken against them.
"We will take strict disciplinary action against them
(police involved in crime) but we do not want to do it in a
haste," Bassi told reporters here.
Specifying the strict disciplinary action, Bassi said
they could be dismissed from the service.
Three Goa policemen have been accused of rape, video
recording the crime and circulating it as an MMS among fellow
To a question on action against three police constables
who allegedly sexually abused a girl in police van, Bassi said
a case is yet to be registered.
"The victim has been identified with the help of the MMS.
However, the accused are yet to be booked on rape charge
because of `certain facts`," the police chief said.
He, however, refused to elaborate on what the `certain
facts` were and added that the accused policemen have already
A head constable and two constables were suspended for
sexually abusing a girl at Calangute. The incident which came
to light in December last year, had happened ten months back.
Goa police spokesman, Atmaram Deshpande, had earlier said
that all the three would be charged for having unnatural sex
with the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP