Rashtrapati Bhavan reception on Youtube
New Delhi: In a first, the video of `At Home` function hosted by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan on the Republic Day has been uploaded on Youtube for general public.
The 5.28 minute video can be accessed on Youtube website on its Rashtrapati Bhavan channel.
It is for the first time people would be able to get a glimpse of the function which is held in the evening of Republic Day every year.
The initiative is part of social media drive undertaken by the Rashtrapati Bhavan to open its doors to general public.
The function this year saw enthusiastic crowd trying to shake hands with the President who mingled with the guests in the sprawling lawns of Mughal Gardens.
The security personnel of the President also did not pose any hurdle for those who wanted to greet him at the event, which saw a huge turnout of nearly 2,000 people.
The visiting Japanese Prime Minister, who was closely watching the President, also decided to follow him and started meeting people.
Other dignitaries present during the function were Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi besides BJP leaders L K Advani and Arun Jaitley.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set