Rashtrapati Bhawan to host innovators exhibition
Ahmedabad: Rashtrapati Bhawan will be
hosting the first ever national exhibition of grassroot level
innovators in March this year, a top official of the
National Innovation Foundation, said here on Wednesday.
"It`s a matter of pride that President Pratibha Patil
has recognised the strength of innovation, and for the first
time National Grassroot Innovation Exhibition will be hosted
at Rashtrapati Bhawan," Executive Vice Chair, Prof Anil K
"Innovators had been invited to Rashtrapati Bhawan, on
earlier occasion too, but never got an opportunity to
showcase their innovations," Gupta said.
President Pratibha Devisingh Patil had made an
announcement for the first time on November 18, last year
during an award ceremony, he said.
This platform shall provide farmers of the country an
opportunity to view power of innovations for inclusive growth,
The four day exhibition showcasing grassroot level
talent of innovation is slated to begin from March 11, Gupta
said, adding "for which the dates have been decided today."
"President in her inaugural address to Parliament had
said this decade was the `Decade of Innovation`, which was
reiterated by Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh at the Science
Congress too, and now with this initiative a headstart shall
be made," Gupta said.
"Over 20 clusters of innovations shall be
participating in this national exhibition represented by 40 to
50 people," he added.
"It`s a great opportunity for Honey Bee network and
NIF to promote grassroot levels innovations at national
level," he said.
Honey Bee was a social movement started two decades
back with a vision to identify innovators and do not let them
pass off unnoticed or unheard, and today boasts of more than
1.04 lakh traditional knowledge ideas from 545 district from
all over the country, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race