Rat on board AI flight causes delay
Thiruvananthapuram: The departure of Air
India`s AI 923 flight to Riyadh was delayed by more than four
hours last evening after a rat was spotted in the aircraft,
airport officials said on Thursday.
A passenger noticed the rat when the
Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode-Riyadh flight was ready to take
off at 3 pm. The passengers were asked to disembark and the
airline authorities carried out fumigation to trace the rat.
It was finally caught after a three-hour search and
the flight took off at 7.35 pm, they said.
The flight that arrived from Riyadh at 1.35 pm, had
160 passengers bound for Kozhikode and 115 Riyadh-bound
passengers had checked in at the airport here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'