Ratan Tata congratulates Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata has
congratulated West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on
her resounding success in the recently concluded state
In a congratulatory message addressed to the Chief
Minister, Tata expressed hope that West Bengal would make
rapid strides in all spheres of development under her
leadership, sources close to the Tata Group said.
Tata`s letter comes a couple of days after the chief
minister`s announcement of the return of 400 acres of Tatas`
land at Singur to unwilling farmers whose land was acquired.
Banerjee also said that her government had no objection
to the Tatas building a factory on the remaining 600 acres of
land at the project site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?