Ratan Tata congratulates Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata has
congratulated West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on
her resounding success in the recently concluded state
In a congratulatory message addressed to the Chief
Minister, Tata expressed hope that West Bengal would make
rapid strides in all spheres of development under her
leadership, sources close to the Tata Group said.
Tata`s letter comes a couple of days after the chief
minister`s announcement of the return of 400 acres of Tatas`
land at Singur to unwilling farmers whose land was acquired.
Banerjee also said that her government had no objection
to the Tatas building a factory on the remaining 600 acres of
land at the project site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?