Ratan Tata congratulates Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata has
congratulated West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on
her resounding success in the recently concluded state
In a congratulatory message addressed to the Chief
Minister, Tata expressed hope that West Bengal would make
rapid strides in all spheres of development under her
leadership, sources close to the Tata Group said.
Tata`s letter comes a couple of days after the chief
minister`s announcement of the return of 400 acres of Tatas`
land at Singur to unwilling farmers whose land was acquired.
Banerjee also said that her government had no objection
to the Tatas building a factory on the remaining 600 acres of
land at the project site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred