Ratan Tata congratulates Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata has
congratulated West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on
her resounding success in the recently concluded state
In a congratulatory message addressed to the Chief
Minister, Tata expressed hope that West Bengal would make
rapid strides in all spheres of development under her
leadership, sources close to the Tata Group said.
Tata`s letter comes a couple of days after the chief
minister`s announcement of the return of 400 acres of Tatas`
land at Singur to unwilling farmers whose land was acquired.
Banerjee also said that her government had no objection
to the Tatas building a factory on the remaining 600 acres of
land at the project site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra