Ratan Tata mourns death of Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Renowned industrialist Ratan N. Tata condoled the passing away of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray here.
In a statement late Saturday night, Tata expressed his admiration for the 86-year-old Thackeray and described him as "a strong leader of his people".
"Balasaheb Thackeray was a strong leader of his people - respected and admired by many. He was outspoken but driven by his principles," Tata said in his tribute.
Expressing his condolences to the bereaved family, Tata said Thackeray has left his mark on Mumbai and Maharashtra and will be missed by many.
Bal Thackeray`s funeral shall be held at Shivaji Park in Dadar west Sunday evening in the presence of several lakh of people, who have arrived here from all over Maharashtra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory