Ratan Tata mourns death of Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Renowned industrialist Ratan N. Tata condoled the passing away of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray here.
In a statement late Saturday night, Tata expressed his admiration for the 86-year-old Thackeray and described him as "a strong leader of his people".
"Balasaheb Thackeray was a strong leader of his people - respected and admired by many. He was outspoken but driven by his principles," Tata said in his tribute.
Expressing his condolences to the bereaved family, Tata said Thackeray has left his mark on Mumbai and Maharashtra and will be missed by many.
Bal Thackeray`s funeral shall be held at Shivaji Park in Dadar west Sunday evening in the presence of several lakh of people, who have arrived here from all over Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!