Ratan Tata mourns death of Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Renowned industrialist Ratan N. Tata condoled the passing away of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray here.
In a statement late Saturday night, Tata expressed his admiration for the 86-year-old Thackeray and described him as "a strong leader of his people".
"Balasaheb Thackeray was a strong leader of his people - respected and admired by many. He was outspoken but driven by his principles," Tata said in his tribute.
Expressing his condolences to the bereaved family, Tata said Thackeray has left his mark on Mumbai and Maharashtra and will be missed by many.
Bal Thackeray`s funeral shall be held at Shivaji Park in Dadar west Sunday evening in the presence of several lakh of people, who have arrived here from all over Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama