Rathore`s offences cast "spine-chilling, hair raising impact"
Panchkula: Rejecting the anticipatory bail
plea of SPS Rathore in Ruchika molestation case, a local court
today said the former Haryana DGP was not entitled for the
concession since allegations levelled against him in both the
FIRs were specific and cast a spine-chilling and hair raising
"The applicant-accused cannot be entitled to the
concession of anticipatory bail, especially in the
circumstances when specific allegations in categorical terms
have been levelled in both the FIRs," Additional District and
Sessions Judge Sanjiv Jindal said in his order.
The two FIRs disclose the "alleged commission of the
non-bailable offences on his (Rathore) party, which not only
prick the conscience of common man, but also cast a
spine-chilling and hair raising impact on one`s psyche, he
He said the complainants (Ruchika`s father Subhash
Chander Girhotra and brother Ashu) were subjected to "inhuman
torture" at the behest of the applicant-accused on account of
his alleged political clout and high official position in the
official machinery of the state.
Ruchika`s father Subhash Chander Girhotra and his son
Ashu had filed two complaints against Rathore and others in
connection with the post mortem proceedings and booking of her
brother in false cases demanding registration of fresh FIRs.
67-year-old Rathore and ASI Sewa Singh had
moved the applications seeking anticipatory bail following the
registration of the two FIRs on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant