Ravishankar Prasad a “big fan” of Jaya Bachchan
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad on Thursday said in the Rajya Sabha that he had been a "big fan" of film actress Jaya Bachchan, who is now a Samajwadi Party member.
At the start of his speech over the Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010, Prasad said he has seen many films of Bachchan during his college days.
He referred to a few of her films like `Guddi` and `Abhiman` and showered lavish praise on the actress who is married to superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
Jaya Bachchan, who was present in the House, acknowledged the compliment.
When Bachchan`s turn came to speak on the Bill, Prasad who had gone out of the House for some time rushed in.
During her speech, he repeatedly appreciated the actress who said that songs and films unite the country.
Prasad said success of a song or a film is due to collective efforts of writer, singer, actors and other stakeholders like choreographer and lightman - hence everybody should be rewarded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter