Ravishankar Prasad a “big fan” of Jaya Bachchan
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad on Thursday said in the Rajya Sabha that he had been a "big fan" of film actress Jaya Bachchan, who is now a Samajwadi Party member.
At the start of his speech over the Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010, Prasad said he has seen many films of Bachchan during his college days.
He referred to a few of her films like `Guddi` and `Abhiman` and showered lavish praise on the actress who is married to superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
Jaya Bachchan, who was present in the House, acknowledged the compliment.
When Bachchan`s turn came to speak on the Bill, Prasad who had gone out of the House for some time rushed in.
During her speech, he repeatedly appreciated the actress who said that songs and films unite the country.
Prasad said success of a song or a film is due to collective efforts of writer, singer, actors and other stakeholders like choreographer and lightman - hence everybody should be rewarded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?