Ravishankar Prasad a “big fan” of Jaya Bachchan
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad on Thursday said in the Rajya Sabha that he had been a "big fan" of film actress Jaya Bachchan, who is now a Samajwadi Party member.
At the start of his speech over the Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010, Prasad said he has seen many films of Bachchan during his college days.
He referred to a few of her films like `Guddi` and `Abhiman` and showered lavish praise on the actress who is married to superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
Jaya Bachchan, who was present in the House, acknowledged the compliment.
When Bachchan`s turn came to speak on the Bill, Prasad who had gone out of the House for some time rushed in.
During her speech, he repeatedly appreciated the actress who said that songs and films unite the country.
Prasad said success of a song or a film is due to collective efforts of writer, singer, actors and other stakeholders like choreographer and lightman - hence everybody should be rewarded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India