Ravishankar Prasad a “big fan” of Jaya Bachchan
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Ravishankar Prasad on Thursday said in the Rajya Sabha that he had been a "big fan" of film actress Jaya Bachchan, who is now a Samajwadi Party member.
At the start of his speech over the Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010, Prasad said he has seen many films of Bachchan during his college days.
He referred to a few of her films like `Guddi` and `Abhiman` and showered lavish praise on the actress who is married to superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
Jaya Bachchan, who was present in the House, acknowledged the compliment.
When Bachchan`s turn came to speak on the Bill, Prasad who had gone out of the House for some time rushed in.
During her speech, he repeatedly appreciated the actress who said that songs and films unite the country.
Prasad said success of a song or a film is due to collective efforts of writer, singer, actors and other stakeholders like choreographer and lightman - hence everybody should be rewarded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly