RCF faces no hurdles now, to be completed on time: Muniyappa
Lucknow: There are no hurdles now in the
construction of the Rail Coach Factory at Lalganj in Raebareli
district of Uttar Pradesh and the project will be completed on
time, Union Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa today
"The initial hurdles faced by the RCF project in the
state have all been removed and the project would now be
completed timely," Muniyappa told reporters here soon after
visiting the project site.
The first rail coach would roll out of the factory by
October, 2011 after completion of the first phase of work, he
said, adding he would re-visit Raebareli soon to start work on
the construction of a township for the RCF employees.
Asked whether he would report about the progress of the
project to Congress President Sonia Gandhi in whose
constituency it is located, Muniyappa said there was no need
for this and he was here to do his job as a minister.
When asked if the Congress was focusing on RCF project
to fulfil its mission 2012, when assembly polls are due in
Uttar Pradesh, the Union minister said all Centre-sponsored
projects have to be completed timely.
"As far as mission 2012 is concerned, Congress will get a
majority in UP," he added.
On the purpose of his visit, he said he would be
reviewing progress of various Centre-sponsored projects in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail