RCF faces no hurdles now, to be completed on time: Muniyappa
Lucknow: There are no hurdles now in the
construction of the Rail Coach Factory at Lalganj in Raebareli
district of Uttar Pradesh and the project will be completed on
time, Union Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa today
"The initial hurdles faced by the RCF project in the
state have all been removed and the project would now be
completed timely," Muniyappa told reporters here soon after
visiting the project site.
The first rail coach would roll out of the factory by
October, 2011 after completion of the first phase of work, he
said, adding he would re-visit Raebareli soon to start work on
the construction of a township for the RCF employees.
Asked whether he would report about the progress of the
project to Congress President Sonia Gandhi in whose
constituency it is located, Muniyappa said there was no need
for this and he was here to do his job as a minister.
When asked if the Congress was focusing on RCF project
to fulfil its mission 2012, when assembly polls are due in
Uttar Pradesh, the Union minister said all Centre-sponsored
projects have to be completed timely.
"As far as mission 2012 is concerned, Congress will get a
majority in UP," he added.
On the purpose of his visit, he said he would be
reviewing progress of various Centre-sponsored projects in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video