Ready for debate with Sushma anytime: Digvijay
Bhopal: Amid the ongoing stalemate in Parliament, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday said he was ready for an open debate on the coal scam issue with Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
"I am ready for an open debate with Swaraj," the Congress General Secretary said in a statement.
Swaraj, being the Leader of Opposition, should in fact have a debate on the floor of the house, he said. But he was ready to have a debate with her anytime, any place, he stated.
Singh also expressed surprise that while Swaraj was ready for the debate, fellow BJP leader and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was silent on the issue.
Swaraj had reportedly earlier that she wanted to have a debate with Digvijay on the issue of coal scam in the light of allegations levelled by him and Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal against BJP on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash