Ready for debate with Sushma anytime: Digvijay
Bhopal: Amid the ongoing stalemate in Parliament, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday said he was ready for an open debate on the coal scam issue with Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
"I am ready for an open debate with Swaraj," the Congress General Secretary said in a statement.
Swaraj, being the Leader of Opposition, should in fact have a debate on the floor of the house, he said. But he was ready to have a debate with her anytime, any place, he stated.
Singh also expressed surprise that while Swaraj was ready for the debate, fellow BJP leader and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was silent on the issue.
Swaraj had reportedly earlier that she wanted to have a debate with Digvijay on the issue of coal scam in the light of allegations levelled by him and Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal against BJP on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery