Ready to discuss threadbare CAG report on coal issue: Govt
New Delhi: Asserting that it has nothing to hide, the government on Thursday said it was prepared to discuss threadbare the CAG report on coal block allocation in Parliament and reply to the issues raised by the opposition.
"The government is already prepared to discuss anything they want. The Prime Minister has already said that. We are prepared to discuss the issues threadbare," Home Minister Shushilkumar Shinde told reporters outside Parliament House.
Law Minister Salman Khurshid expressed the hope that the opposition will join in ensuring proper functioning of Parliament.
"We want to give a reply to both the opposition and the country. We have nothing to hide," Khurshid said.
Parliament has been in turmoil since Tuesday with BJP members demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over CAG`s findings on the issue of extension of undue benefits to the tune of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in allocation of coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi