Ready to discuss threadbare CAG report on coal issue: Govt
New Delhi: Asserting that it has nothing to hide, the government on Thursday said it was prepared to discuss threadbare the CAG report on coal block allocation in Parliament and reply to the issues raised by the opposition.
"The government is already prepared to discuss anything they want. The Prime Minister has already said that. We are prepared to discuss the issues threadbare," Home Minister Shushilkumar Shinde told reporters outside Parliament House.
Law Minister Salman Khurshid expressed the hope that the opposition will join in ensuring proper functioning of Parliament.
"We want to give a reply to both the opposition and the country. We have nothing to hide," Khurshid said.
Parliament has been in turmoil since Tuesday with BJP members demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over CAG`s findings on the issue of extension of undue benefits to the tune of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in allocation of coal blocks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news