Ready to face any inquiry into charges against me: Prashant Bhushan
Jaipur: Lawyer-cum-activist Prashant Bhushan on Sunday said he is ready to face any inquiry raised against him regarding irregularities in buying land in Himachal Pradesh.
Bhushan, a prominent member of Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption (IAC), said he has already spoken on the allegation and rejected it, which he said, was aimed at misleading people.
"I am open to any inquiry. The allegations were levelled just to mislead people," he told reporters here.
Congress party had asked for an inquiry into how a tea plantation in Himachal Pradesh was sold to the lawyer-activist two years ago in alleged violations of local laws. Land in Himachal cannot be owned by non-residents.
Bhushan said that IAC`s movement was to bring a positive change in the system and that will continue until the changes are made.
"There is a need to bring a major change in the system. People will have to be empowered in real sense," he said after attending a workshop here.
India Against Corruption had announced setting up of a three-member panel to probe the charges against its prominent members, including Prashant Bhushan and Anjali Damania.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof