Ready to meet all challenges: Indian Army Chief
New Delhi: Addressing his men and the country on the occasion of 65th Indian Army Day, Chief of Army Staff General Bikram Singh on Tuesday said that the Indian Army is ready to meet all challenges.
“I can say with pride that we have always met the expectations of the nation and played a key role in national development,” Gen Singh said addressing the parade at Delhi Cantonment.
Speaking after presenting gallantry awards to Army heroes, the Army Chief assured countrymen that Indian Army is ready to meet all challenges.
“We are ready to make scarifies needed to keep the nation safe,” he said.
Gen Singh said that soldiers are doing a great job in defending our borders that are located in some of the most arduous regions of the world. “We have maintained operational readiness at the highest levels,” he stressed.
“We are committed to the core values of the country. Our track record on human rights is regarded as the best in the world,” he added.
The Army marks this day, which is held every January 15, to pay homage to the valiant soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the country. Homage was paid to martyred soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Won't be deterred by Centre using CBI to target me: Rawat
- Jawaharlal Nehru remembered on 52nd death anniversary
- BrahMos supersonic missile’s land version successfully test-fired by Indian Air Force
- Israeli minister Avi Gabbay quits `extremist government`
- Hiroshima bombing 'of Japan's own making': China state media