New Delhi: After the Supreme Court on Thursday sought details regarding entry list of his residence, beleaguered CBI director Ranjit Sinha offered to recuse himself from coal scam investigation if the court ordered him to.
Seemingly troubled by allegations made on him, Sinha said, "I will recuse myself from coal scam investigation if court orders so."
Soon after his statement the Central Bureau of Investigation told media that Sinha would also file a case of perjury against the NGO Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) for 'malicious and false' statements made in the Supreme Court.
Earlier in the the Supreme Court had directed that documents related to entry list of Sinha's residence be filed along with affidavit addign that unless it was a part of the record it would not consider the documents.
The Supreme Court also refused CBI Director's plea that media should be restrained from reporting on allegations against him in the 2G case.
However Sinha told the court that all the allegations levelled against him are patently false and has pleaded before the SC to question advocate Prashant Bhushan on where he got the documents from.
The issue of entry register was raised by CPIL, one of the PIL petitioners on whose plea 122 licences for 2G spectrum were cancelled by the apex court.
The bench had asked CPIL to make its submission by way of affidavit and posted to hear the NGO's application seeking recusal of Sinha from all 2G matters allegedly for trying to protect some influential accused in the scam.
The NGO alleged the "Director has made serious attempts to derail the investigation and prosecution being carried out by the CBI."
SC will consider the documents pertaining to entry list at CBI Director's residence on Monday.
With Agency Inputs