Ready to support Lokpal Bill, but with conditions: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The BJP on Friday said that it wants a strong, independent and effective Lokpal but the onus for it lies on the government.
BJP leader Prakash Javadekar said the government must bring the revised Lokpal Bill immediately, and it must include the amendments passed unanimously at the select committee deliberations.
If they bring the Bill that includes these amendments, we will help pass it, Javadekar said.
The UPA government is expected to table the Lokpal Bill in the Rajya Sabha today.
Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath had yesterday said that the Lokpal Bill was a priority for the government.
"Our priority is Lokpal Bill. The Lokpal Bill has to be taken up in Rajya Sabha, and then it will come up in Lok Sabha," Kamal Nath said.
It may be noted that anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare is sitting on his latest round of fast to press for the passing of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Also, Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party made a spectacular debut in the Delhi Assembly elections, riding on the wave of the anti-corruption movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi