Ready to talk to Arvind Kejriwal; we are not enemies: Anna Hazare
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday categorically told Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) not to use his name in any way during campaigning for the Delhi Assembly Elections due on December 4.
Speaking to reporters, Anna said he has been made an accused in a court case that deals with SIM cards issued in his name. Those SIM cards were used during his Jan Lokpal Movement to collect funds.
“When I have nothing to do with those SIM cards, then why I have been made an accused in the case. That is why I suspect my name is being misused,” Anna alleged.
The activist added he had a feeling that his name was being misused, “that is why I wrote a letter to Kejriwal”.
“I am ready to talk to Arvind if he wants to speak to me,” Anna said, while denying that he wrote the letter at someone else’s behest.
“Arvind and I are not enemies. I had a doubt and therefore I wrote to Arvind seeking a clarification.”
Anna further said that he will not campaign for any political party in keeping with the Constitution.
Regarding the alleged misuse of public funds by AAP, Anna said he had come to know many people had been given hefty salaries of upto Rs 35,000.
“Arvind has a good character but some of the people he had kept around for work were being paid upto Rs 35,000 from money donated by the public,” Anna said.
“I didn`t object at the time but I didn`t think it was right that we should have paid them the money of the people,” he added.
He however added, “My main concern is not about money, but about my name being misused.”
“I have never attached any value to money,” the Gandhian said.
Anna further decried the use of his name and Jan Lokpal for AAP’s election campaigning.
“They are saying they will introduce Anna’s Jan Lokpal on December 29. I am not happy with that. How can they introduce Jan Lokpal in a state Assembly (Delhi) when it has to be introduced in Parliament,” Anna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price