Rear Admiral takes charge as Southern Naval Command chief
Kochi: Rear Admiral M S Pawar has assumed office as the Chief of Staff of Southern Naval Command.
Commissioned in July 1982, and an alumnus of National Defence Academy, he is a Navigation and Direction Specialist.
His sea tenures include among others, commands of missile boat INS Nashak, missile corvette INS Kuthar, stealth frigate INS Talwar, and Fleet Operations Officer of Western Fleet, a Naval press release said.
Vice-Admiral Pawar was the Flag Officer Sea Training of the Navy prior to his present appointment wherein he certified the war fighting efficiency of frontline warships of the Navy.
His considerable academic credentials include a double M Phil in Defence and Strategic Studies from the Universities of Mumbai and Madras and the coveted Herbert Lott Prize at the Royal Naval Staff College Greenwich, UK.
He has been honoured with Vishisht Seva Medal in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'