Rebel RJD leader Ram Kripal first abused Narendra Modi and now joining party: BJP leader
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Patna: A day before senior rebel Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Ram Kirpal Yadav is all set to join BJP, Nawal Kishore Yadav, a three-term RJD MLC, who joined the BJP last month said that Ram Kripal first abused Narendra Modi and now joining the party.
“Ram Kripal Yadav was abusing Modi ji and Baba Ramdev till yesterday, and now he is joining the party,” NK Yadav said on Tuesday.
Last year, Lalu Prasad Yadav suspended Nawal Kishore for praising BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Nawal Kishore further said, “I am confident I will be the BJP candidate from Patliputra and not Ram Kripal Yadav who was against Modi till yesterday.”
Ram Kirpal had recently resigned from RJD after being denied ticket for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Yesterday, he declared that he would contest from Patliputra constituency in Patna against Lalu Prasad`s daughter Misa Bharti.
After Ram Kripal quit RJD, Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal (United) and opposition BJP both had offered Yadav candidature on their respective behalf to contest the polls.
However, as per reports, Ram Kripal Yadav is now likely to join BJP tomorrow.
A furious Ram Kripal Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP, had flown to the national capital four days ago after Lalu nominated Misa Bharti as the candidate from Patliputra, ignoring the claims of Yadav that he may quit RJD, who has been close to Lalu Prasad for over two decades.
Ram Kripal accused the party -- which he said was born to uphold the principles of social justice -- of now being interested in "family justice".
Misa Bharti on Sunday started her campaign in the Patliputra constituency after Lalu announced the names of candidates for 25 of the 27 constituencies his party will contest in alliance with the Congress in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured