Rebellion in Aam Aadmi Party ahead of Delhi swearing-in?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Minutes after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) finalised its Delhi cabinet on Tuesday, the party appeared to be facing a rebellion.
Vinod Kumar Binny, who was tipped to be among the names being discussed for inclusion in the cabinet, was excluded from the final list of ministers.
Reports said this irked Binny who left the AAP meeting this afternoon midway.
Binny, who was elected from Laxmi Nagar in East Delhi, also said that he will hold a press conference tomorrow and make an expose.
Binny, 40, had defeated heavyweight AK Walia, former health minister, from Laxmi Nagar. He has been a ex-Congress member.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia, meanwhile, said, “I think the media decided Binny`s name for the cabinet. We never did.”
“I don`t know if Binny was angry. He did not say anything during the meeting.”
Reports said efforts were underway to placate Binny.
As per reports, apart from Arvind Kejriwal the new Delhi cabinet will include Somnath Bharti, Manish Sisodia, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla, Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.
The ministers are expected to take oath along with CM-in-waiting Arvind Kejriwal on December 26, at Ramlila Maidan.
The AAP, which won 28 seats in the recent elections, had staked claim to form government in Delhi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore