Rebellion in Aam Aadmi Party ahead of Delhi swearing-in?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Minutes after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) finalised its Delhi cabinet on Tuesday, the party appeared to be facing a rebellion.
Vinod Kumar Binny, who was tipped to be among the names being discussed for inclusion in the cabinet, was excluded from the final list of ministers.
Reports said this irked Binny who left the AAP meeting this afternoon midway.
Binny, who was elected from Laxmi Nagar in East Delhi, also said that he will hold a press conference tomorrow and make an expose.
Binny, 40, had defeated heavyweight AK Walia, former health minister, from Laxmi Nagar. He has been a ex-Congress member.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia, meanwhile, said, “I think the media decided Binny`s name for the cabinet. We never did.”
“I don`t know if Binny was angry. He did not say anything during the meeting.”
Reports said efforts were underway to placate Binny.
As per reports, apart from Arvind Kejriwal the new Delhi cabinet will include Somnath Bharti, Manish Sisodia, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla, Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.
The ministers are expected to take oath along with CM-in-waiting Arvind Kejriwal on December 26, at Ramlila Maidan.
The AAP, which won 28 seats in the recent elections, had staked claim to form government in Delhi yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!