REC to invite bids for third Rs 400 cr transmission project
New Delhi: State-owned Rural Electrification
Corp (REC) would invite qualifying bids for the Rs 400-crore
independent transmission project on April 12.
REC has recently awarded two such independent
transmission projects to Reliance Power Transmission Ltd.
Raichur-Solapur Transmission Company Ltd, a special
purpose vehicle created for the purpose, would float the RFQ
or the Request for Qualification on April 12 to invite bids
for developing the transmission network, two people close to
the development confirmed.
This would be the third independent transmission project
(ITP) by REC, it has already awarded two ITPs -- 1,045-km-long
North Karanpura transmission line and 592-km Talcher-II to
Reliance Power Transmission.
These projects to be implemented over a period of 30-42
months cost Rs 4,100 crore collectively and would evacuate
electricity from Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh
Meanwhile, another public sector unit Power Finance Corp
is also the implementing agency for ITPs and has awarded the
country`s first ITP to Sterlite Technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report