REC to invite bids for third Rs 400 cr transmission project
New Delhi: State-owned Rural Electrification
Corp (REC) would invite qualifying bids for the Rs 400-crore
independent transmission project on April 12.
REC has recently awarded two such independent
transmission projects to Reliance Power Transmission Ltd.
Raichur-Solapur Transmission Company Ltd, a special
purpose vehicle created for the purpose, would float the RFQ
or the Request for Qualification on April 12 to invite bids
for developing the transmission network, two people close to
the development confirmed.
This would be the third independent transmission project
(ITP) by REC, it has already awarded two ITPs -- 1,045-km-long
North Karanpura transmission line and 592-km Talcher-II to
Reliance Power Transmission.
These projects to be implemented over a period of 30-42
months cost Rs 4,100 crore collectively and would evacuate
electricity from Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh
Meanwhile, another public sector unit Power Finance Corp
is also the implementing agency for ITPs and has awarded the
country`s first ITP to Sterlite Technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price