Reconsider decision to pull out from UPA: IUML to DMK
New Delhi: UPA ally IUML on Wednesday urged DMK chief M Karunanidhi to reconsider his decision of withdrawing support to UPA government on Sri Lankan Tamil issue.
Indian Union Muslim League, which has two members in Lok
Sabha from Kerala, is also an ally of DMK in Tamil Nadu.
In a press release, IUML president and Minister of State
for External Affairs E Ahmed said, "As a long standing ally, DMK should not take a stand to weaken the UPA government when the country is passing through such a critical juncture."
Reiterating his party`s deepest sympathies with Sri Lankan Tamils, he said the Centre was always prepared to support DMK`s stand to the extent possible.
"However, it is difficult to support DMK`s stand in totality as this may have long-term international ramifications for India," Ahmed said in the release.
He said India`s position on the issue is in conformity with its long standing traditional position on such matters in international affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH