Reconsider decision to pull out from UPA: IUML to DMK
New Delhi: UPA ally IUML on Wednesday urged DMK chief M Karunanidhi to reconsider his decision of withdrawing support to UPA government on Sri Lankan Tamil issue.
Indian Union Muslim League, which has two members in Lok
Sabha from Kerala, is also an ally of DMK in Tamil Nadu.
In a press release, IUML president and Minister of State
for External Affairs E Ahmed said, "As a long standing ally, DMK should not take a stand to weaken the UPA government when the country is passing through such a critical juncture."
Reiterating his party`s deepest sympathies with Sri Lankan Tamils, he said the Centre was always prepared to support DMK`s stand to the extent possible.
"However, it is difficult to support DMK`s stand in totality as this may have long-term international ramifications for India," Ahmed said in the release.
He said India`s position on the issue is in conformity with its long standing traditional position on such matters in international affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!