Reconsider decision to pull out from UPA: IUML to DMK
New Delhi: UPA ally IUML on Wednesday urged DMK chief M Karunanidhi to reconsider his decision of withdrawing support to UPA government on Sri Lankan Tamil issue.
Indian Union Muslim League, which has two members in Lok
Sabha from Kerala, is also an ally of DMK in Tamil Nadu.
In a press release, IUML president and Minister of State
for External Affairs E Ahmed said, "As a long standing ally, DMK should not take a stand to weaken the UPA government when the country is passing through such a critical juncture."
Reiterating his party`s deepest sympathies with Sri Lankan Tamils, he said the Centre was always prepared to support DMK`s stand to the extent possible.
"However, it is difficult to support DMK`s stand in totality as this may have long-term international ramifications for India," Ahmed said in the release.
He said India`s position on the issue is in conformity with its long standing traditional position on such matters in international affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic