Reconsider decision to pull out from UPA: IUML to DMK
New Delhi: UPA ally IUML on Wednesday urged DMK chief M Karunanidhi to reconsider his decision of withdrawing support to UPA government on Sri Lankan Tamil issue.
Indian Union Muslim League, which has two members in Lok
Sabha from Kerala, is also an ally of DMK in Tamil Nadu.
In a press release, IUML president and Minister of State
for External Affairs E Ahmed said, "As a long standing ally, DMK should not take a stand to weaken the UPA government when the country is passing through such a critical juncture."
Reiterating his party`s deepest sympathies with Sri Lankan Tamils, he said the Centre was always prepared to support DMK`s stand to the extent possible.
"However, it is difficult to support DMK`s stand in totality as this may have long-term international ramifications for India," Ahmed said in the release.
He said India`s position on the issue is in conformity with its long standing traditional position on such matters in international affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday