Record of arms in police stations in Ghaziabad to be probed
Ghaziabad: The local administration ordered
to check the records of arms and ammunitions in all police
stations in the district in the wake of two CRPF jawans
arrested for allegedly supplying weapons to Naxals.
District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar asked all Sub
Divisional Magistrates to check the record of arms and
ammunitions available in police stations and police line.
The probe will be conducted within a week, he added.
The Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on April 30
had arrested four people, including two CRPF jawans, in the
The arrest came after STF received a tip-off that weapons
used in Dantewada massacre, in which 76 security personnel
were killed by Naxals, where sold to the ultras by CRPF
The STF carried out searches in Moradabad, Rampur and
Jhansi and arrested Vinod Paswan and Dinesh Singh of the CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list