Record of arms in police stations in Ghaziabad to be probed
Ghaziabad: The local administration ordered
to check the records of arms and ammunitions in all police
stations in the district in the wake of two CRPF jawans
arrested for allegedly supplying weapons to Naxals.
District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar asked all Sub
Divisional Magistrates to check the record of arms and
ammunitions available in police stations and police line.
The probe will be conducted within a week, he added.
The Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on April 30
had arrested four people, including two CRPF jawans, in the
The arrest came after STF received a tip-off that weapons
used in Dantewada massacre, in which 76 security personnel
were killed by Naxals, where sold to the ultras by CRPF
The STF carried out searches in Moradabad, Rampur and
Jhansi and arrested Vinod Paswan and Dinesh Singh of the CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city