Record of arms in police stations in Ghaziabad to be probed
Ghaziabad: The local administration ordered
to check the records of arms and ammunitions in all police
stations in the district in the wake of two CRPF jawans
arrested for allegedly supplying weapons to Naxals.
District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar asked all Sub
Divisional Magistrates to check the record of arms and
ammunitions available in police stations and police line.
The probe will be conducted within a week, he added.
The Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force (STF) on April 30
had arrested four people, including two CRPF jawans, in the
The arrest came after STF received a tip-off that weapons
used in Dantewada massacre, in which 76 security personnel
were killed by Naxals, where sold to the ultras by CRPF
The STF carried out searches in Moradabad, Rampur and
Jhansi and arrested Vinod Paswan and Dinesh Singh of the CRPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje