Red faces in Cong as Sonia Gandhi turns for CPP meet alone
New Delhi: A gaffe by Congress Parliamentary Party`s Secretariat on the schedule of CPP meeting led party chief Sonia Gandhi to arrive in Parliament alone on Friday morning.
Since there were no members present, Gandhi, who had a scheduled meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee at 10 AM left for the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Party sources said that there was earlier talk of holding the CPP meeting today. However, it was later postponed, a message which could not reach the Congress President in time.
The faux pas left the party red faced as it is for the first time that such a communication gap led to an embarrassing situation.
A party MP speaking on condition of anonymity said that this led to Gandhi coming for the meeting while no other MP came.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog