Red faces in Cong as Sonia Gandhi turns for CPP meet alone
New Delhi: A gaffe by Congress Parliamentary Party`s Secretariat on the schedule of CPP meeting led party chief Sonia Gandhi to arrive in Parliament alone on Friday morning.
Since there were no members present, Gandhi, who had a scheduled meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee at 10 AM left for the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Party sources said that there was earlier talk of holding the CPP meeting today. However, it was later postponed, a message which could not reach the Congress President in time.
The faux pas left the party red faced as it is for the first time that such a communication gap led to an embarrassing situation.
A party MP speaking on condition of anonymity said that this led to Gandhi coming for the meeting while no other MP came.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song