Reddy brothers paid huge bribe to BJP leaders: Lal
New Delhi: BJP leader Sushma Swaraj`s `mota maal` remark led to a fresh war of words on Tuesday with RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav alleging that the Reddy brothers of Karnataka paid huge sums to her party, prompting her to charge that the Congress had benefitted from the mining barons.
"Everybody knows the Reddy brothers paid huge money, `mota (huge)` money to BJP leaders. I demand that a Parliamentary Committee be formed to probe the issue," Yadav told reporters outside the Parliament House.
His demand came amid vociferous protests by BJP in Parliament over the CAG report on coal block allocation.
He was taking a swipe at Swaraj who said yesterday that "mota maal (a fat sum)" had gone to Congress in the coal allocation scam, estimated to be worth Rs 1.86 Lakh Crore by the CAG.
Swaraj, who was once considered close to the Reddy brothers, hit back at Prasad on her Twitter handle.
"Shri Laloo Yadav wants to know as to who got Mota Maal from Reddy Bros? I would like to inform him and the country that the Mota Maal from Reddy Bros has also gone to the Congress Party," Swaraj said.
She maintained that all mines were allotted to the Reddys by the Congress government on the recommendations of the Congress Chief Minister. She did not specify chief minister of which state. Most of the mines owned by Reddy`s are in Andhra Pradesh.
"I demand that all documents related to the recommendations and allotment to Reddy Bros be made public. The country will then know the truth as to who got them the monetary benefits and who made recommendations for them. All the facts should be placed before the nation," Swaraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm