`Reduce retirement age of judges`
New Delhi: Even as a section of legal luminaries are advocating increasing the retirement age of Supreme Court judges, Justice RM Lodha on Wednesday said that the retirement age of the apex court judges should be reduced to 62 years instead of the existing 65 years.
"Every year a Supreme Court judge works, his life is reduced by three months. The burden this office carries, you can`t imagine. The retirement age of a supreme court judge should be reduced to 62 years," Justice Lodha told a packed courtroom.
He added that a judge in the US supreme court decides 100 cases in two years and in India we decide 100 cases in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators