`Reduce retirement age of judges`
New Delhi: Even as a section of legal luminaries are advocating increasing the retirement age of Supreme Court judges, Justice RM Lodha on Wednesday said that the retirement age of the apex court judges should be reduced to 62 years instead of the existing 65 years.
"Every year a Supreme Court judge works, his life is reduced by three months. The burden this office carries, you can`t imagine. The retirement age of a supreme court judge should be reduced to 62 years," Justice Lodha told a packed courtroom.
He added that a judge in the US supreme court decides 100 cases in two years and in India we decide 100 cases in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday