`Reduce retirement age of judges`
New Delhi: Even as a section of legal luminaries are advocating increasing the retirement age of Supreme Court judges, Justice RM Lodha on Wednesday said that the retirement age of the apex court judges should be reduced to 62 years instead of the existing 65 years.
"Every year a Supreme Court judge works, his life is reduced by three months. The burden this office carries, you can`t imagine. The retirement age of a supreme court judge should be reduced to 62 years," Justice Lodha told a packed courtroom.
He added that a judge in the US supreme court decides 100 cases in two years and in India we decide 100 cases in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan