Reebok asked to pay Rs 7,999 for damaged shoes
New Delhi: Reebok India Limited has been directed by a consumer forum here to pay Rs 7,999 compensation to a customer for not repairing or replacing a pair of shoes which got damaged within three months of purchase.
The New Delhi District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum passed the order relying on the unopposed allegations of the customer as neither Reebok nor its authorised retail shop chose to contest his claims despite notices sent to them.
"The allegations made by complainant remained unrebutted because opposite parties (Reebok and its retail shop) did not choose to contest the claim despite registered notices. We have no other option but to believe the allegations made by the complainant.”
"Within three months (of purchase) the shoes got damaged and opposite parties neither replaced nor repaired the said shoes. There is deficiency on the part of opposite parties," a bench presided by CK Chaturvedi said.
The forum directed Reebok to pay Rs 4,999 to Delhi resident Ramanand Sharma as refund of the shoes` cost and ordered the retail shop to pay him Rs 3,000 as compensation.
Sharma, in his complaint, had alleged that when he had bought the shoes on October 28, 2010, the retail shop had assured him about the quality and durability of the pair.
The shoes got damaged within 90 days of purchase, but neither the retailer nor the company repaired or replaced the footwear, Sharma had alleged.
The forum proceeded ex-parte against Reebok and its retail shop as no one appeared on their behalf despite the notices served to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi