Reebok asked to pay Rs 7,999 for damaged shoes
New Delhi: Reebok India Limited has been directed by a consumer forum here to pay Rs 7,999 compensation to a customer for not repairing or replacing a pair of shoes which got damaged within three months of purchase.
The New Delhi District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum passed the order relying on the unopposed allegations of the customer as neither Reebok nor its authorised retail shop chose to contest his claims despite notices sent to them.
"The allegations made by complainant remained unrebutted because opposite parties (Reebok and its retail shop) did not choose to contest the claim despite registered notices. We have no other option but to believe the allegations made by the complainant.”
"Within three months (of purchase) the shoes got damaged and opposite parties neither replaced nor repaired the said shoes. There is deficiency on the part of opposite parties," a bench presided by CK Chaturvedi said.
The forum directed Reebok to pay Rs 4,999 to Delhi resident Ramanand Sharma as refund of the shoes` cost and ordered the retail shop to pay him Rs 3,000 as compensation.
Sharma, in his complaint, had alleged that when he had bought the shoes on October 28, 2010, the retail shop had assured him about the quality and durability of the pair.
The shoes got damaged within 90 days of purchase, but neither the retailer nor the company repaired or replaced the footwear, Sharma had alleged.
The forum proceeded ex-parte against Reebok and its retail shop as no one appeared on their behalf despite the notices served to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened