Reebok asked to pay Rs 7,999 for damaged shoes
New Delhi: Reebok India Limited has been directed by a consumer forum here to pay Rs 7,999 compensation to a customer for not repairing or replacing a pair of shoes which got damaged within three months of purchase.
The New Delhi District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum passed the order relying on the unopposed allegations of the customer as neither Reebok nor its authorised retail shop chose to contest his claims despite notices sent to them.
"The allegations made by complainant remained unrebutted because opposite parties (Reebok and its retail shop) did not choose to contest the claim despite registered notices. We have no other option but to believe the allegations made by the complainant.”
"Within three months (of purchase) the shoes got damaged and opposite parties neither replaced nor repaired the said shoes. There is deficiency on the part of opposite parties," a bench presided by CK Chaturvedi said.
The forum directed Reebok to pay Rs 4,999 to Delhi resident Ramanand Sharma as refund of the shoes` cost and ordered the retail shop to pay him Rs 3,000 as compensation.
Sharma, in his complaint, had alleged that when he had bought the shoes on October 28, 2010, the retail shop had assured him about the quality and durability of the pair.
The shoes got damaged within 90 days of purchase, but neither the retailer nor the company repaired or replaced the footwear, Sharma had alleged.
The forum proceeded ex-parte against Reebok and its retail shop as no one appeared on their behalf despite the notices served to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician