Regret not enough, apologise for `Hindu terror`: RSS to Shinde
New Delhi: Although the BJP has welcomed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s statement expressing regret over his Hindu terror remarks, the RSS appears in no mood to let go off the issue and has demanded that he should apologise for linking the organisation with terror activities.
“Shinde Jaipur comments were derogatory n defamatory. He merely regretted. He shud hv apologised. Also shud hv condemned Pak terrorists...(sic)”, RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav tweeted on Thursday.
“Can we expect d hon` Home Secretary 2 again defend his boss as he did after Jaipur and state dat his statement was also not based on facts? (sic),” he added.
“Poured venom on india using his utterances. Also now, what wl d Congi leaders like Digvijay n Mani Aiyer say? Wl they also regret? (sic),” Madhav said.
Days after Shinde said that probe agencies had found the BJP and the RSS conducted training camps to spread terrorism, Union Home Secretary RK Singh had claimed that the government had evidence that at least 10 people having close links with the RSS and its affiliated organisations were named accused in various acts of terror across India.
The comments from the two most important persons in the home ministry had triggered a huge row which was resolved yesterday after Shinde expressed regret for his comment.
The BJP while accepting Shinde’s regret maintained that had he done so earlier it would not have "gladdened the hearts" of terrorists based in Pakistan - JuD Hafiz Saeed had welcomed Shinde`s Hindu terror remarks.
"We accept this regret from the Home Minister but this ought to have come much earlier. Shinde`s comment against the RSS and the BJP was totally unwarranted, baseless and malicious,” BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
“We hope and trust that Shinde will be cautious in his comments about nationalistic organisation like the BJP and RSS in future and not repeat this again," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune