Rehman Malik meets PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the latter`s official 7, Race Course Road (RCR) residence here on Saturday.
The visiting minister is also scheduled to meet Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, and National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon later in the day.
Malik, who arrived India on a three-day visit on the invitation of Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde yesterday, said that he has come to India with a message of love and peace.
Malik said his country wants to work for peace between the two nations and in the entire region. He said that they do not want 7/11 Mumbai train blasts or Samjhauta Express blast again.
Malik also promised to bring the perpetrators of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks to book and said action will be initiated against Jamat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed if concrete evidence is given to Pakistan.
India and Pakistan operationalised a new visa regime on the first day of Malik`s India visit on Friday.
However, the visa-on-arrival will come into effect from January 15, 2013 and the group tourist visa from March 15, 2013.
The governments of India and Pakistan had signed on September 8 a new visa agreement to facilitate travel for the nationals of both countries desirous of travelling to the other country and to promote people to people contact.
It also provides for issue of visitor visa up to two years for persons above the age of 65 years, nationals married to citizens of each other`s country and their children below 12 years.
The entry and exit from different designated immigration check-posts can be allowed if indicated in the visa application. However, exit from Wagha-Attari on foot cannot be allowed unless the entry was also for on foot visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy