Rehman Malik prays for "peace" at Nizamuddin
New Delhi: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Sunday offered prayers at the historic Nizamuddin shrine here before leaving for home at the end of his three-day visit to India.
"My dua (prayer) here is that there should be peace in Pakistan and Hindustan," Malik told reporters after visiting the dargah.
The Minister also said that all actions taken against terrorists should be successful.
"All the steps that we are taking against them and in favour of people in Pakistan and India, I pray that God gives us success in that," he said.
Malik said those who indulged in terrorism should give up their approach and adopt the path of peace.
"May God grant wisdom to those who are involved in acts of terrorism and they walk on path of peace," he added.
Malik said he prayed that all those people who are defaming Islam should get wisdom and message of peace.
"I pray to Allah that people who defame Islam and Pakistan should be granted wisdom. People, who defame Islam anywhere in the world, may get wisdom and the message of peace in Islam reaches them," he added.
Malik, who met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday, said he has come with a message of peace from his country and taking the same message back.
"I came with the message of peace, love and friendship from people of Pakistan. The message I got from here, Manmohan Singh, Shinde, and all those I meet everyone wants peace," Malik said.
"When people in Pakistan and India want peace, then I pray all those who are creating hurdles in this process, Allah gives them wisdom and show them right way," he said.
Malik said that both the nations are thirsty for peace. "Both the countries are thirsty for one thing and that is peace. I pray from here that peace prevails."
"I appeal to the media and people in both the countries that its time for peace," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves