Rehman Malik, Sushma Swaraj discuss 26/11, Hindus in Pak
New Delhi: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Saturday called on Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and the two leaders discussed the problems faced by Hindus living in Pakistan, the progress made in the 26/11 case and the controversy over the Babri mosque demolition.
Talking to reporters after the meeting, Swaraj said she raised two main issues with Malik.
"I asked him about the slow pace of the investigation into the 26/11 case and the persecution of Hindus in Pakistan who are coming to India as refugees. On 26/11 Malik informed me that there is a difference between perception and reality. The challans have been presented and the delay is by the courts," Swaraj said.
The BJP leader said Malik has asked the Pakistan ambassador to cooperate in handling cases of Hindus who are fleeing Pakistan.
She said Malik has invited her to Pakistan.
Swaraj maintained that during her conversation with Malik the latter told her he had not compared 26/11 with the Babri mosque demolition and that he has been misquoted.
The issue of Captain Saurabh Kalia, whose mutilated body was handed over by the Pakistani forces during the Kargil War, also came up for discussion between the two leaders.
Swaraj is understood to have asked Malik to ensure that those guilty of breaking the Vienna convention be brought to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch