Reject govt’s Lokpal Bill: Kejriwal to Parliament
Mumbai: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday appealed to Parliament to reject government’s Lokpal Bill, which he dubbed as “weak”.
Kejriwal further asked Parliament to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill.
He said the government’s bill is not aimed at curbing corruption but protecting corrupt ministers.
The anti-corruption activist said the government had cheated Anna Hazare twice, first in April and then in August, by making false promises on bringing a strong Lokpal Bill.
He asked “why did the government form the joint drafting committee when none of our demands were to be met?”
Kejriwal further said that he along with Kiran Bedi have appealed to Hazare to go ahead with his protest but not the fast as he is not well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight