Reject govt’s Lokpal Bill: Kejriwal to Parliament
Mumbai: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday appealed to Parliament to reject government’s Lokpal Bill, which he dubbed as “weak”.
Kejriwal further asked Parliament to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill.
He said the government’s bill is not aimed at curbing corruption but protecting corrupt ministers.
The anti-corruption activist said the government had cheated Anna Hazare twice, first in April and then in August, by making false promises on bringing a strong Lokpal Bill.
He asked “why did the government form the joint drafting committee when none of our demands were to be met?”
Kejriwal further said that he along with Kiran Bedi have appealed to Hazare to go ahead with his protest but not the fast as he is not well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars