Relations with Pak can grow: Rao
London: India on Monday said that relations
with Pakistan can only grow in an atmosphere free of terror
"The trajectory of our relationship over the last few
decades has been distorted and adversely impacted by the
factor of cross-border terrorism," India`s Foreign Secretary
Nirupama Rao told a large gathering at the International
Institute for Strategic Studies here.
Describing her recent talks with Pakistan`s Foreign
Secretary Salman Bashir in Islamabad as "productive and
positive, Rao said, "A stable Pakistan which acts as a bulwark
against terrorism and extremism is in its own interest and
also in the interest of our region."
She noted, "We have consistently made efforts to go
back to the negotiating table to solve difficult issues. We
have striven to promote better relations with Pakistan.
Naturally, such relations can only grow in an atmosphere free
of terror and violence."
Referring to China, Rao said "We have consciously
practised a policy of engagement that has yielded positive
dividends. Although, there is an unresolved boundary question
which should be settled on mutually acceptable terms, we have
not held the rest of the relationship hostage to this complex
issue. We have also collaborated on a variety of multilateral
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog