`Relaxed` Pranab awaiting presidential results
New Delhi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee had a breakfast of milk and fruits for breakfast and was relaxed and "eagerly awaiting the outcome" of the vote counting, an aide said Sunday.
"He is relaxed. He is eagerly awaiting the results and confident of winning," a close aide of Mukherjee told a news agency.
"Mukherjee read the newspapers in the morning and went for a walk at 6 am. He also prayed, which he usually does," the aide added.
He had milk and fruit for his breakfast.
Mukherjee, who is pitted against opposition-backed PA Sangma, is all set to win.
Many senior leaders from Maharashtra and Rajasthan, including Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had come to meet Mukherjee in the morning at his house - No 13, Talkatora Road.
With his win a foregone conclusion, Congress workers were carrying boxes of sweets into his home for distribution after the results are announced.
"He loves all kinds of Bengali sweets," the aide said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway