`Relaxed` Pranab awaiting presidential results
New Delhi: UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee had a breakfast of milk and fruits for breakfast and was relaxed and "eagerly awaiting the outcome" of the vote counting, an aide said Sunday.
"He is relaxed. He is eagerly awaiting the results and confident of winning," a close aide of Mukherjee told a news agency.
"Mukherjee read the newspapers in the morning and went for a walk at 6 am. He also prayed, which he usually does," the aide added.
He had milk and fruit for his breakfast.
Mukherjee, who is pitted against opposition-backed PA Sangma, is all set to win.
Many senior leaders from Maharashtra and Rajasthan, including Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had come to meet Mukherjee in the morning at his house - No 13, Talkatora Road.
With his win a foregone conclusion, Congress workers were carrying boxes of sweets into his home for distribution after the results are announced.
"He loves all kinds of Bengali sweets," the aide said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore