Release and compensate innocent Muslim youths, appeals AIMPLB
Lucknow: All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Sunday claimed that a large number of Muslim youths were lodged in prisons on terror charges and no charge sheet has been filed against them even after they were picked up over ten years ago.
"The board, in its executive meeting chaired by president AIMPLB Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasan Nadvi, discussed that a large number of innocent Muslim youths are lodged in the jails for the past several years," said Maulana Abdul Rahim Qureshi, board`s assistant general secretary.
The board claimed that even after a decade no charge sheet has been filed against them.
"It is a matter of shame in a democratic country that though police failed to establish charges against them, the youths are still lodged in the jails for as long as 12 years," he said.
Qureshi said all such youths should be released.
The board has demanded compensation for the youths, who were acquitted by courts, he said.
"In cases where acquittal has been done by the court, compensation should be given to such youths and cases should be lodged against the concerned officials who falsely implicated them," he said.
Last month, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had said all the Muslim youths, who were falsely implicated on terror charges, will be released soon.
In its election manifesto, the Samajwadi Party had promised to release the Muslim youths, who were framed in "false" terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui