Release and compensate innocent Muslim youths, appeals AIMPLB
Lucknow: All India Muslim Personal Law Board on Sunday claimed that a large number of Muslim youths were lodged in prisons on terror charges and no charge sheet has been filed against them even after they were picked up over ten years ago.
"The board, in its executive meeting chaired by president AIMPLB Maulana Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasan Nadvi, discussed that a large number of innocent Muslim youths are lodged in the jails for the past several years," said Maulana Abdul Rahim Qureshi, board`s assistant general secretary.
The board claimed that even after a decade no charge sheet has been filed against them.
"It is a matter of shame in a democratic country that though police failed to establish charges against them, the youths are still lodged in the jails for as long as 12 years," he said.
Qureshi said all such youths should be released.
The board has demanded compensation for the youths, who were acquitted by courts, he said.
"In cases where acquittal has been done by the court, compensation should be given to such youths and cases should be lodged against the concerned officials who falsely implicated them," he said.
Last month, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had said all the Muslim youths, who were falsely implicated on terror charges, will be released soon.
In its election manifesto, the Samajwadi Party had promised to release the Muslim youths, who were framed in "false" terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter