Release names of Swiss bank account holders: BJP
Pune: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Friday reiterated that the names of those holding accounts in Swiss banks should be made public.
"I demand that names of account holders in Swiss banks, which have been given by the French government to India recently, must be made public," Advani, who is on a cross- country Jan Chetna Yatra, told reporters here.
"Immediate follow up action should also be initiated against them," he added.
He said the United Progressive Alliance government was deliberately trying to sidetrack the issue.
Hinting at "dynastic rule" in India, he said just as good governance and corruption cannot coexist, democracy and dynastic succession could not go together.
"It is shocking that the principal political party in the country had accepted dynastic rule in principle," he said.
Reiterating that the prime minister should be brought within the purview of the Lokpal bill, he said he was hopeful that the legislation would be passed in the winter session of parliament.
"I have no soft corner for DMK but the names of other persons who have endorsed it have also surfaced in 2G spectrum scam," he said.
After having reached Pune Thursday, Advani had termed the yatra as "most successful yatra" of his life so far.
He had said that his Jan Chetna Yatra is not to "repackage" himself but to rebuild the reputation of the nation.
Advani`s yatra is likely to reach Mumbai this evening following which he will address a public meeting in Borivli in northwest Mumbai.
He will address a press conference Saturday and then leave for Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands