Relief from intense cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: With the mercury rising by almost five degrees in Punjab and Haryana, the states got some respite from the severe cold conditions prevailing here for the past several days.
Chandigarh, the joint capital of the two states, experienced a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, which was four degrees above normal, Met department said here today.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest at 7.8 degrees Celsius, two degree above normal.
Ambala, Bhiwani and Narnaul had a minimum of 9.7, 8.4 and 10 degree Celsius respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 9.2 degrees Celsius, 5 degrees above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum temperatures of 8.3 and 9.1 degree respectively.
The Met department forecast that the next 48 hours will remain dry but there is a possibility of light rain on January 16 and 17 in some places in the two states.
Mist and fog may occur at some places in both Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what