Relief from intense cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: With the mercury rising by almost five degrees in Punjab and Haryana, the states got some respite from the severe cold conditions prevailing here for the past several days.
Chandigarh, the joint capital of the two states, experienced a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, which was four degrees above normal, Met department said here today.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest at 7.8 degrees Celsius, two degree above normal.
Ambala, Bhiwani and Narnaul had a minimum of 9.7, 8.4 and 10 degree Celsius respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 9.2 degrees Celsius, 5 degrees above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum temperatures of 8.3 and 9.1 degree respectively.
The Met department forecast that the next 48 hours will remain dry but there is a possibility of light rain on January 16 and 17 in some places in the two states.
Mist and fog may occur at some places in both Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam