Relief from intense cold conditions in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: With the mercury rising by almost five degrees in Punjab and Haryana, the states got some respite from the severe cold conditions prevailing here for the past several days.
Chandigarh, the joint capital of the two states, experienced a low of 8.7 degrees Celsius, which was four degrees above normal, Met department said here today.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest at 7.8 degrees Celsius, two degree above normal.
Ambala, Bhiwani and Narnaul had a minimum of 9.7, 8.4 and 10 degree Celsius respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a low of 9.2 degrees Celsius, 5 degrees above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum temperatures of 8.3 and 9.1 degree respectively.
The Met department forecast that the next 48 hours will remain dry but there is a possibility of light rain on January 16 and 17 in some places in the two states.
Mist and fog may occur at some places in both Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi