Religious leaders from all faiths pray for 26/11 victims
Mumbai: Religious leaders from all faiths
on Tuesday assembled at The Trident hotel, one of the 26/11 terror
sites, to pray for peace at a solidarity meeting organised by
Art of Living foundation and Simon Wiesenthal Centre here.
US-based social service institute Simon Wiesenthal Centre
had convened the multi-faith meeting to send out a message of
hope and also to condemn the brutal attacks, in which 166
people were killed.
"Religious leaders have a special obligation to publicly
condemn terrorist attacks that are inspired by those who call
themselves servants of God. We are gathering at the site of
last year`s attacks in solidarity with the people as they
remember the victims of 26/11," Simon Wiesenthal Centre`s
Associate Dean Rabbi Abraham Cooper told a gathering here.
Religious dignitaries from Islam, Zoroastrianism,
Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism and the Center for Peace and
Spirituality spoke at the event.
"This is a time for people of all faiths to openly
repudiate the culture of death nurtured in the name of
religion, while standing besides our Indian friends to promote
the sanctity of life, tolerance and freedom," Cooper said.
Simon Wiesenthal is one of the largest international
Jewish human rights organisations with over four lakh members
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre