Reluctant Mukul Roy asked to visit derailment site
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday directed Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy to visit the site of a train derailment in Rangia in Assam following a blast in which at least 100 passengers were injured.
The direction came a day after Roy expressed reluctance and said that he was waiting for instructions from the Prime Minister, who is currently in charge of the Railways Ministry, and would go once he is asked to.
At least 100 passengers were injured as six coaches of Guwahati-Puri Express derailed following the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province
- UN General Assembly President-elect to visit India