Reluctant Mukul Roy asked to visit derailment site
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday directed Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy to visit the site of a train derailment in Rangia in Assam following a blast in which at least 100 passengers were injured.
The direction came a day after Roy expressed reluctance and said that he was waiting for instructions from the Prime Minister, who is currently in charge of the Railways Ministry, and would go once he is asked to.
At least 100 passengers were injured as six coaches of Guwahati-Puri Express derailed following the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing