Reluctant Mukul Roy asked to visit derailment site
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday directed Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy to visit the site of a train derailment in Rangia in Assam following a blast in which at least 100 passengers were injured.
The direction came a day after Roy expressed reluctance and said that he was waiting for instructions from the Prime Minister, who is currently in charge of the Railways Ministry, and would go once he is asked to.
At least 100 passengers were injured as six coaches of Guwahati-Puri Express derailed following the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand