Remand extended for two held in Advani bomb case
Madurai: A court here has extended till
December 2 the judicial remand of two persons arrested in
connection with the recent planting of a pipe bomb on BJP
leader L K Advani`s anti-corruption yatra route near here.
Ismath and Abdullah Rahman, arrested by the Special
Investigation Team police on November 1, were produced before
a magistrate court yesterday which extended their remand till
Police have said the two, residents of the city, had
provided their vehicles to "Police" Fakruddin and Bilal
Mallick, former hardcore members of banned terrorist outfit
Al-Umma, identified as the brain behind the plot to attack
Advani`s convoy. Fakruddin and Mallick are still at large.
The powerful pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge
and defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km
from here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise