Remand extended for two held in Advani bomb case
Madurai: A court here has extended till
December 2 the judicial remand of two persons arrested in
connection with the recent planting of a pipe bomb on BJP
leader L K Advani`s anti-corruption yatra route near here.
Ismath and Abdullah Rahman, arrested by the Special
Investigation Team police on November 1, were produced before
a magistrate court yesterday which extended their remand till
Police have said the two, residents of the city, had
provided their vehicles to "Police" Fakruddin and Bilal
Mallick, former hardcore members of banned terrorist outfit
Al-Umma, identified as the brain behind the plot to attack
Advani`s convoy. Fakruddin and Mallick are still at large.
The powerful pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge
and defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km
from here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Schools, colleges shut in rain-hit Karnataka district
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!