Remand extended for two held in Advani bomb case
Madurai: A court here has extended till
December 2 the judicial remand of two persons arrested in
connection with the recent planting of a pipe bomb on BJP
leader L K Advani`s anti-corruption yatra route near here.
Ismath and Abdullah Rahman, arrested by the Special
Investigation Team police on November 1, were produced before
a magistrate court yesterday which extended their remand till
Police have said the two, residents of the city, had
provided their vehicles to "Police" Fakruddin and Bilal
Mallick, former hardcore members of banned terrorist outfit
Al-Umma, identified as the brain behind the plot to attack
Advani`s convoy. Fakruddin and Mallick are still at large.
The powerful pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge
and defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km
from here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon