Remand extended for two held in Advani bomb case
Madurai: A court here has extended till
December 2 the judicial remand of two persons arrested in
connection with the recent planting of a pipe bomb on BJP
leader L K Advani`s anti-corruption yatra route near here.
Ismath and Abdullah Rahman, arrested by the Special
Investigation Team police on November 1, were produced before
a magistrate court yesterday which extended their remand till
Police have said the two, residents of the city, had
provided their vehicles to "Police" Fakruddin and Bilal
Mallick, former hardcore members of banned terrorist outfit
Al-Umma, identified as the brain behind the plot to attack
Advani`s convoy. Fakruddin and Mallick are still at large.
The powerful pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge
and defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km
from here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- I wanted to represent India at Cannes red carpet: Sonam Kapoor
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 declared: Check gbshse.gov.in, goaresults.nic.in to know your score
- Gold price slumps by Rs 370 to 6-week low of Rs 29,200 per ten grams
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Childhood fitness cuts heart disease risks in adulthood