Remand extended for two held in Advani bomb case
Madurai: A court here has extended till
December 2 the judicial remand of two persons arrested in
connection with the recent planting of a pipe bomb on BJP
leader L K Advani`s anti-corruption yatra route near here.
Ismath and Abdullah Rahman, arrested by the Special
Investigation Team police on November 1, were produced before
a magistrate court yesterday which extended their remand till
Police have said the two, residents of the city, had
provided their vehicles to "Police" Fakruddin and Bilal
Mallick, former hardcore members of banned terrorist outfit
Al-Umma, identified as the brain behind the plot to attack
Advani`s convoy. Fakruddin and Mallick are still at large.
The powerful pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge
and defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km
from here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official