Remarks against Maya: Rita Joshi gets regular bail
Moradabad: Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Rita
Bahuguna Joshi was granted bail by a court here today in a
case relating to derogatory remarks made by her against Chief
Granting Joshi regular bail, judge Sudha Sharma asked her
to furnish a personal bond of Rs 20,000 and two sureties of Rs
20,000 each, K K Mannan, the counsel of the Congress leader,
Joshi, who was granted interim bail in the case on July
18, complied with the order and furnished the personal bond
and two sureties.
The 60-year-old UPCC chief was arrested on July 15 for
allegedly making unpalatable remarks against Mayawati.
She was booked under section 153 A (delivering inflammatory
speeches) and section 109 IPC (using abusive language).
She was also booked under provisions of the SC/ST
(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you