Remarks against Maya: Rita Joshi gets regular bail
Moradabad: Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Rita
Bahuguna Joshi was granted bail by a court here today in a
case relating to derogatory remarks made by her against Chief
Granting Joshi regular bail, judge Sudha Sharma asked her
to furnish a personal bond of Rs 20,000 and two sureties of Rs
20,000 each, K K Mannan, the counsel of the Congress leader,
Joshi, who was granted interim bail in the case on July
18, complied with the order and furnished the personal bond
and two sureties.
The 60-year-old UPCC chief was arrested on July 15 for
allegedly making unpalatable remarks against Mayawati.
She was booked under section 153 A (delivering inflammatory
speeches) and section 109 IPC (using abusive language).
She was also booked under provisions of the SC/ST
(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley