Remarks against Maya: Rita Joshi gets regular bail
Moradabad: Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Rita
Bahuguna Joshi was granted bail by a court here today in a
case relating to derogatory remarks made by her against Chief
Granting Joshi regular bail, judge Sudha Sharma asked her
to furnish a personal bond of Rs 20,000 and two sureties of Rs
20,000 each, K K Mannan, the counsel of the Congress leader,
Joshi, who was granted interim bail in the case on July
18, complied with the order and furnished the personal bond
and two sureties.
The 60-year-old UPCC chief was arrested on July 15 for
allegedly making unpalatable remarks against Mayawati.
She was booked under section 153 A (delivering inflammatory
speeches) and section 109 IPC (using abusive language).
She was also booked under provisions of the SC/ST
(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet