Remarks attributed to Bhagwat manufactured by media: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday dismissed the controversy over RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat`s reported remarks in which he rated Bihar ahead of Gujarat in good governance, saying the statement was "manufactured by the media".
"RSS has denied that any such statement was made (by Bhagwat). I cannot respond to a statement manufactured by a section of the media," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said on queries over Bhagwat`s reported statement to some foreign correspondents.
The RSS chief`s remarks had added grist to the mill on the Nitish Kumar versus Narendra Modi debate.
"Bihar, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh to some extent, MP to some extent, some parts of Maharashtra," he responded, according to one of those present at the interaction.
Asked "Bihar first", he said, "aisa log kahte hain (this is what people say)."
When asked to comment on this, RSS spokesman Manmohan Vaidya merely said, "the story about Shri Mohanji Bhagwat doing rounds in media today is totally false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'