Remarks attributed to Bhagwat manufactured by media: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday dismissed the controversy over RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat`s reported remarks in which he rated Bihar ahead of Gujarat in good governance, saying the statement was "manufactured by the media".
"RSS has denied that any such statement was made (by Bhagwat). I cannot respond to a statement manufactured by a section of the media," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said on queries over Bhagwat`s reported statement to some foreign correspondents.
The RSS chief`s remarks had added grist to the mill on the Nitish Kumar versus Narendra Modi debate.
"Bihar, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh to some extent, MP to some extent, some parts of Maharashtra," he responded, according to one of those present at the interaction.
Asked "Bihar first", he said, "aisa log kahte hain (this is what people say)."
When asked to comment on this, RSS spokesman Manmohan Vaidya merely said, "the story about Shri Mohanji Bhagwat doing rounds in media today is totally false."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket