Remarks attributed to Bhagwat manufactured by media: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday dismissed the controversy over RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat`s reported remarks in which he rated Bihar ahead of Gujarat in good governance, saying the statement was "manufactured by the media".
"RSS has denied that any such statement was made (by Bhagwat). I cannot respond to a statement manufactured by a section of the media," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said on queries over Bhagwat`s reported statement to some foreign correspondents.
The RSS chief`s remarks had added grist to the mill on the Nitish Kumar versus Narendra Modi debate.
"Bihar, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh to some extent, MP to some extent, some parts of Maharashtra," he responded, according to one of those present at the interaction.
Asked "Bihar first", he said, "aisa log kahte hain (this is what people say)."
When asked to comment on this, RSS spokesman Manmohan Vaidya merely said, "the story about Shri Mohanji Bhagwat doing rounds in media today is totally false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video