Remarks attributed to Bhagwat manufactured by media: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday dismissed the controversy over RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat`s reported remarks in which he rated Bihar ahead of Gujarat in good governance, saying the statement was "manufactured by the media".
"RSS has denied that any such statement was made (by Bhagwat). I cannot respond to a statement manufactured by a section of the media," Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said on queries over Bhagwat`s reported statement to some foreign correspondents.
The RSS chief`s remarks had added grist to the mill on the Nitish Kumar versus Narendra Modi debate.
"Bihar, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh to some extent, MP to some extent, some parts of Maharashtra," he responded, according to one of those present at the interaction.
Asked "Bihar first", he said, "aisa log kahte hain (this is what people say)."
When asked to comment on this, RSS spokesman Manmohan Vaidya merely said, "the story about Shri Mohanji Bhagwat doing rounds in media today is totally false."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH