Remove CFSL scientists who certified purported CD as genuine: Bhushan
New Delhi: Lawyer Shanti Bhushan on Monday
urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to order an enquiry and
removal of four scientists of the Delhi-based CFSL, who had
certified a CD containing his purported conversations on
fixing a judge, as genuine.
Bhushan, who had earlier asked Home Minister P
Chidamabaram to make public the report prepared by Chandigarh-
based CFSL which reportedly contradicts the Delhi lab report,
said this was needed for salvaging the reputation of the Delhi
A CD had circulated ahead of the first meeting of the
joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill which had purported
conversations between Bhushan and political leaders Yadav and
Singh over fixing a judge for Rs four crore. Bhushan had
claimed that the CD was fabricated.
The first analysis done by CFSL in New Delhi had said
that the CD was genuine but Delhi Police sent it for a second
opinion. The report by CFSL-Chandigarh reportedly said the CD
was a cut and paste job.
Noting that CFSLs are "very prestigious" scientific
labs, he said their reputation for doing an honest and
efficient job has to be impeccable.
"As the CFSL-Delhi is under the control of your
Ministry, you are requested to get a prompt enquiry done and
get the four experts who have signed the report, declaring the
obviously fabricated CD as authentic, removed from their posts
to salvage the reputation of the Delhi CFSL," Bhushan said.
In the two-page letter, he also said that the CFSL
deals with thousands of criminal cases every year.
"If this lab can give such an absurd report, declaring
an obviously fabricated CD as authentic, no court hereafter
would find it possible to rely on any forensic report of the
CFSL-Delhi," he said.
Bhushan, in his two letters to the Home Minister,
argued for making public the CFSL-Chandigarh report and said
in "no way will hamper" the investigations as he was the sole
complainant in the case.
The former Law Minister said the investigating officer
of Delhi Police had informed him that they cannot share with
him the CFSL report of Chandigarh and other details as it will
hamper the investigations.
"I find this strange. The report of CFSL, Delhi which
declared the fabricated CD to be authentic and was not even
able to detect a crude cut and past job, has already been
released...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH