Remove Naveen Jindal from Standing Committee on Home Affairs: Zee News to Lok Sabha Speaker
New Delhi: Zee News Ltd, India’s largest television news network, has appealed to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to take action against Congress MP Naveen Jindal for misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
In a letter dated April 3, 2013, Zee News Limited (ZNL) has appealed to the Speaker to remove Jindal from the Standing Committee of Home Affairs.
Bringing the ongoing court case between Naveen Jindal, his company JSPL and Zee News Ltd to the Lok Sabha Speaker’s notice, ZNL alleged that Jindal is misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs to put pressure on Delhi Police.
Since Delhi Police is answerable to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, the probe cannot be termed as a balanced and unbiased one, ZNL said.
In the letter, Zee News said that Jindal’s use of influence as a member of the Standing Committee is a clear violation of the provisions of the Constitution and best practices followed by the Parliament. The letter goes on to add that his influence indicates a clear conflict of interest as a result of which the Delhi Police is making one-sided investigation and not paying any attention to various statements and representations made by Zee News Ltd.
Zee News had earlier filed a Writ Petition (Criminal) in the Supreme Court in which it had brought to light the illegality of the three FIRs filed against it and had pleaded for quashing the FIRs. The apex court had taken cognizance of the matter and sent notices to the central government, Delhi Police and JSPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown