Remove Naveen Jindal from Standing Committee on Home Affairs: Zee News to Lok Sabha Speaker
New Delhi: Zee News Ltd, India’s largest television news network, has appealed to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to take action against Congress MP Naveen Jindal for misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
In a letter dated April 3, 2013, Zee News Limited (ZNL) has appealed to the Speaker to remove Jindal from the Standing Committee of Home Affairs.
Bringing the ongoing court case between Naveen Jindal, his company JSPL and Zee News Ltd to the Lok Sabha Speaker’s notice, ZNL alleged that Jindal is misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs to put pressure on Delhi Police.
Since Delhi Police is answerable to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, the probe cannot be termed as a balanced and unbiased one, ZNL said.
In the letter, Zee News said that Jindal’s use of influence as a member of the Standing Committee is a clear violation of the provisions of the Constitution and best practices followed by the Parliament. The letter goes on to add that his influence indicates a clear conflict of interest as a result of which the Delhi Police is making one-sided investigation and not paying any attention to various statements and representations made by Zee News Ltd.
Zee News had earlier filed a Writ Petition (Criminal) in the Supreme Court in which it had brought to light the illegality of the three FIRs filed against it and had pleaded for quashing the FIRs. The apex court had taken cognizance of the matter and sent notices to the central government, Delhi Police and JSPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?