Remove Naveen Jindal from Standing Committee on Home Affairs: Zee News to Lok Sabha Speaker
New Delhi: Zee News Ltd, India’s largest television news network, has appealed to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to take action against Congress MP Naveen Jindal for misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
In a letter dated April 3, 2013, Zee News Limited (ZNL) has appealed to the Speaker to remove Jindal from the Standing Committee of Home Affairs.
Bringing the ongoing court case between Naveen Jindal, his company JSPL and Zee News Ltd to the Lok Sabha Speaker’s notice, ZNL alleged that Jindal is misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs to put pressure on Delhi Police.
Since Delhi Police is answerable to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, the probe cannot be termed as a balanced and unbiased one, ZNL said.
In the letter, Zee News said that Jindal’s use of influence as a member of the Standing Committee is a clear violation of the provisions of the Constitution and best practices followed by the Parliament. The letter goes on to add that his influence indicates a clear conflict of interest as a result of which the Delhi Police is making one-sided investigation and not paying any attention to various statements and representations made by Zee News Ltd.
Zee News had earlier filed a Writ Petition (Criminal) in the Supreme Court in which it had brought to light the illegality of the three FIRs filed against it and had pleaded for quashing the FIRs. The apex court had taken cognizance of the matter and sent notices to the central government, Delhi Police and JSPL.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview