Remove Naveen Jindal from Standing Committee on Home Affairs: Zee News to Lok Sabha Speaker
New Delhi: Zee News Ltd, India’s largest television news network, has appealed to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to take action against Congress MP Naveen Jindal for misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
In a letter dated April 3, 2013, Zee News Limited (ZNL) has appealed to the Speaker to remove Jindal from the Standing Committee of Home Affairs.
Bringing the ongoing court case between Naveen Jindal, his company JSPL and Zee News Ltd to the Lok Sabha Speaker’s notice, ZNL alleged that Jindal is misusing his position as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs to put pressure on Delhi Police.
Since Delhi Police is answerable to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, the probe cannot be termed as a balanced and unbiased one, ZNL said.
In the letter, Zee News said that Jindal’s use of influence as a member of the Standing Committee is a clear violation of the provisions of the Constitution and best practices followed by the Parliament. The letter goes on to add that his influence indicates a clear conflict of interest as a result of which the Delhi Police is making one-sided investigation and not paying any attention to various statements and representations made by Zee News Ltd.
Zee News had earlier filed a Writ Petition (Criminal) in the Supreme Court in which it had brought to light the illegality of the three FIRs filed against it and had pleaded for quashing the FIRs. The apex court had taken cognizance of the matter and sent notices to the central government, Delhi Police and JSPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH