Renault offers overseas roles to IIM-A students
Ahmedabad: French carmaker Renault Wednesday offered overseas roles to the Post Graduate Programme in
Management (PGP) students of IIM-A, during the ongoing
interviews for the summer placements here.
"This year once again, automobile giant, Renault, has
offered international roles," an IIM-A statement said.
IT major Wipro made the maximum number of offers to the
students with roles in consulting, eco-energy and corporate
finance, it added.
In line with changing preferences of the students to seek
challenging roles in new domains, the interviews for third
cluster saw several first time recruiters like Ogilvy &
Mather, S Kumar`s Group, Arvind Brands and Onicra.
"We came in with expectations that the candidates will be
very strong in numerical abilities but we were surprised with
the varied dimensions that the candidates also possess in
terms of skill sets, which will truly add value to an agency
like us," Ogilvy & Mather`s Managing Partner Navin Talreja
Several other companies like Airtel, Heinz, Britannia,
Marico and Aircel offered roles in sales and marketing to the
PGP students, while Mahindra & Mahindra offered roles in
general management to them, the release said.
Around 30 companies from diverse sectors such as media,
FMCG, telecom, pharmaceutical, apparels, advertising,
information and technology, automobile, banking and consulting
offered internship to the students of first year PGP batch, it
One of the PGP students has opted to work with an IIM-A
alumnus PD Rai, who is also Member of Parliament, the IIM-A
The student will support the legislator to participate
actively in Parliamentary and national policy making process,
as well as project management on specific initiatives at
national and constituency level, it stated.
The interviews for next cluster will be held on November
18. It will open opportunities of internship to students in
several start-up firms apart from groups in niche consulting,
financial services and general management domains.
About 380 students of PGP 2010-12 batch are seeking
internship roles in firms for summer placements (April-May
next year), of which four students have opted out of the
process to join non-profit firms, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why