Renault offers overseas roles to IIM-A students
Ahmedabad: French carmaker Renault Wednesday offered overseas roles to the Post Graduate Programme in
Management (PGP) students of IIM-A, during the ongoing
interviews for the summer placements here.
"This year once again, automobile giant, Renault, has
offered international roles," an IIM-A statement said.
IT major Wipro made the maximum number of offers to the
students with roles in consulting, eco-energy and corporate
finance, it added.
In line with changing preferences of the students to seek
challenging roles in new domains, the interviews for third
cluster saw several first time recruiters like Ogilvy &
Mather, S Kumar`s Group, Arvind Brands and Onicra.
"We came in with expectations that the candidates will be
very strong in numerical abilities but we were surprised with
the varied dimensions that the candidates also possess in
terms of skill sets, which will truly add value to an agency
like us," Ogilvy & Mather`s Managing Partner Navin Talreja
Several other companies like Airtel, Heinz, Britannia,
Marico and Aircel offered roles in sales and marketing to the
PGP students, while Mahindra & Mahindra offered roles in
general management to them, the release said.
Around 30 companies from diverse sectors such as media,
FMCG, telecom, pharmaceutical, apparels, advertising,
information and technology, automobile, banking and consulting
offered internship to the students of first year PGP batch, it
One of the PGP students has opted to work with an IIM-A
alumnus PD Rai, who is also Member of Parliament, the IIM-A
The student will support the legislator to participate
actively in Parliamentary and national policy making process,
as well as project management on specific initiatives at
national and constituency level, it stated.
The interviews for next cluster will be held on November
18. It will open opportunities of internship to students in
several start-up firms apart from groups in niche consulting,
financial services and general management domains.
About 380 students of PGP 2010-12 batch are seeking
internship roles in firms for summer placements (April-May
next year), of which four students have opted out of the
process to join non-profit firms, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"